ArcDia’s mariAST® is the most promising platform to tackle antibiotic resistance.
- Allows testing of antibiotic resistance directly from polymicrobial clinical samples
- Is rapid and easy to use
- Is fully automated
- Has a high capacity: 40 -100 samples per day
- Enables bringing AST and resistance testing in a point-of-care environment
mariAST® measures species-specific bacterial growth in real-time. mariAST® combines in-well culture and high-accuracy bacterial detection. The process yields an ID in only 20 minutes, and reports resistance results for strong positive inoculum in just 2 hours after sampling.
ArcDia’s mariAST® is based on ArcDia’s mariPOC® field-proven test system.
- Is based on the proprietary TPX detection tecnology published in Nature Biotechnology in 2000
- Has been deployed in routine central lab and point-of-care settings since 2011
- Has been awarded e.g. Frost & Sullivan Point-of-Care Leadership Prize in 2014
- Whose sister technology, born and developed in ArcDia’s scientific founder’s lab in Finland, won The Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2014
- mariAST® research program is in process