What is mariAST?
What is mariAST® platform?
mariAST® enables accurate resistance testing
- The first platform to allow phenotypic resistance testing directly from polymicrobial clinical samples containing commensal flora, and not just “directly from positive blood cultures”
- The only introduced platform capable of decentralized resistance testing and antibiotic susceptibility testing (AST)
- It is widely known that phenotypic resistance testing offers more reliable results than genotypic testing
- No compromise between assay sensitivity and result time
- Applies the same fully automated and field proven TPX technology as the CE marked mariPOC®
mariAST®results allow you to take the right decisions
- Pathogen- and strain-specific diagnosis and treatment
- Accurate use of antimicrobials
- Precise in-patient cohorting and fast discharge of contact isolation measures
- Improved cost-effectiveness and patient flow management
What applications mariAST® is suitable for?
- The technology provides most added value when the time to result matters, the number of plausible pathogens is limited and testing breakpoint antimicrobial concentration is enough
- For example MRSA screening and testing, sexually transmitted diseases and non-penicillin susceptible pneumococci
- Technically mariAST® enables also determination of MICs