To tackle COVID-19 pandemic, mariPOC® team has used its deep knowledge and long-time experience of rapid antigen test development to provide a world-class COVID-19 test.
mariPOC® COVID-19 test is the most accurate test currently available. It is based on the recognition of the SARS-CoV-2 viral proteins (nucleoprotein), and results are obtained within 20 minutes to 2 hours.
mariPOC® COVID-19 test is performed in the bench-top automated mariPOC® test system, enabling analysis at the point of sampling. Thanks to its unique features, mariPOC® COVID-19 test provides the best accuracy in results, while offering a very handy and quick procedure, for both patients and users.
What are the differences between the SARS-CoV-2 tests available on the market?
The three main types of tests for SARS-CoV-2 detection currently available on the market are PCR-gene tests, antibody tests and antigen tests. Their technical difference lies in which molecule they detect:
- Antibody tests detect the response of the patient’s immune system
- PCR-gene tests detect the genetic material of the virus
- Antigen tests detect the proteins of the virus
With different targets, the tests have different clinical uses:
- Antibody tests are designed to determine whether a patient has been infected by SARS-CoV-2 in the past.
- With its extreme sensitivity, PCR-gene tests are designed so that negative results rule out infections with high probability. However, residues of viral genes can be found from the patients long after the infection has been cleared. Indeed, false positive results with this method are common when used to assess infectiousness.
- Antigen tests are the only rapid test type designed to detect infectious individuals. Thus, they are perfectly adapted for the screening of the community and diagnostics of acute infections.
mariPOC® COVID-19 test perfectly meets the requirements of an ideal disease and screening test. It is easy-to-use, requires short hands-on time, provides quick results and can be performed at the point of sampling.