ArcDia International Ltd.
ArcDia International Ltd provides the most complete in vitro diagnostic solutions for acute infections suitable for decentralized testing. We promote healthier living and improved health care processes for respiratory and gastrointestinal infections such as COVID-19, influenza, RSV, CDI and many more.
As leaders of the field with more than 10 years of experience in the IVD industry, we consistently provide hospitals, healthcare centers, transportation hubs and workplaces with high-quality tests that are fast, high-throughput and reliable.
ArcDia International develops and manufactures high quality products in accordance with quality management system ISO 13485. Our high-tech Nordic diagnostic solutions are made in Turku, in the heart of Finland’s health industry.
Our mariPOC rapid test enables the best accuracy of diagnostics. The platform is designed for detecting acute and contagious infections. It is based on antigen detection using sandwich immunoassay principle and two-photon excited fluorescence assay technique. Thanks to the unique and proprietary technology, the platform allows automation, ease-of-use, multianalyte capability, cost-efficiency and high performance.
Antibiotic resistance is a growing concern globally, with resistance being responsible for causing 23,000 deaths per year in the US alone. Our pipeline product portfolio also includes mariAST (RUO), a solution for tackling antibiotic resistance by speeding up antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
Our third product line, mariCloud, is an on-line service for real-time epidemiological surveillance. The tool helps healthcare professionals monitor infection incidence in real-time and enables improved pandemic and epidemic preparedness.
ArcDia envisions a healthier planet by facilitating correct diagnosis and treatment, avoiding unnecessary antibiotics, and enabling a faster recovery.
ArcDia is already distributing to numerous countries around the world but also seeks new partners.
Company history in infectious disease diagnostics:
- 1998-2003 Fundamental inventions of the TPX technology were made in the Laboratory of Biophysics (University of Turku, Finland) led by professor Erkki Soini.
- 2000 The TPX detection technique was published in Nature Biotechnology.
- 2005-2009 The applicability of TPX detection technique for rapid in vitro testing of infectious diseases was demostrated in academic projects in Turku University.
- 2008 ArcDia International Oy Ltd. was founded. mariPOC® product development project began.
- 2011 mariPOC® product was IVD CE marked and was introduced to the market.
- 2013 ArcDia received the ISO 13485 certificate.
- 2014 ArcDia Receives Frost & Sullivan Award for Point-of-Care Product Leadership.
- 2015-2016 ArcDia releases new products: mariPOC®+ software mode, mariPOC® Gastro test panel and world’s first bocavirus antigen test
- 2017 ArcDia launches a new product: mariPOC®Quick StrepA test
- 2018 New product: mariPOC®Quick Flu/RSV test
- 2020 New product: mariPOC® SARS-CoV-2 test
- 2021 Updated mariPOC® SARS-CoV-2 test